To give the body an attractive shape, it is necessary to choose the optimal set of exercises that will affect all the major muscles. A standard workout takes about an hour, it will help not only to remove extra pounds, but also to tighten sagging places. By the end of the first month, with regular classes, the result will be noticeable.
Warm up or warm up
Exercises for weight loss begin with warming up the muscles:
- you need to stand up straight and pull your hands up - if there is a feeling of warmth, then everything is done correctly;
- then running in place for several minutes is carried out;
- next - warming up the muscles of the body: from a straight position, with hands on the waist, bends forward and to the sides.
The total warm-up time does not exceed 5-10 minutes. Warming up helps prevent accidental injuries during the complex.
Exercises for the abdomen
The problem area needs more attention. The complex should not have one workout for pulling up this muscle group, an integrated approach to all problem areas is needed. Otherwise, there will be a distortion of the silhouette of the waist due to the strengthening of one press.
Recommended exercises are presented:
- "Twisting" - you need to lie on the mat, bend your legs at the knees, and put your hands behind your head. During the entrance, the head is pulled to the lower limbs, upon exit, the body returns to its original position.
- "Reverse twisting" - in a similar position, the legs are pulled up to a slightly raised head.
- "Rise of the body" - in the supine position, the hands are behind the head. During inhalation, it is necessary to raise the body and touch the feet with your fingers.
- "Raising the legs" - in the prone position, the arms are spread up and to the sides. While inhaling, you need to raise your legs and try to touch them with your fingers to the floor behind your head.
If the latter options are difficult to perform, then feasible workouts are initially selected.
Reducing the volume of the legs
To improve skin tone and the disappearance of extra centimeters from the legs, the following leg exercises are performed:
- lunges forward - the front of the thighs, buttocks are involved;
- dilution of the limbs to the sides from the treating position - the inner side of the thighs is pumped up;
- alternate lifting up - the condition of the anterior part of the thigh improves;
- "bike" and "scissors" - the muscles of the inner and outer thighs are activated.
From a standing position, longitudinal and transverse leg swings are performed. To reduce the size of the femoral region is used:
- "triangular" pose from yoga;
- squats - feet shoulder-width apart, socks apart;
- swinging limbs with a small amplitude when lying on your side;
- movements of the limbs backward from a position on all fours.
Strengthening the gluteal muscles requires:
- landing on the edge of the table and holding a small object between the knees;
- in the supine position, alternately pulling the knees to the chest.
You can kneel and alternately sit on one and the other side of the legs.
Arm and chest lift
With a decrease in body weight, the first to lose kilograms are the upper limbs and chest. To increase the elasticity of the skin and muscles, training with dumbbells is used:
You need to lie down on a bench or 2 chairs made up. Then take dumbbells and spread your arms to the sides, bending and connecting them in front of your chest. The complex is repeated 50 times, helps to train the pectoral muscles.
In a standing position, various actions are performed with dumbbells. Raising the arms up and down, spreading to the sides and returning to the opposite position at chest level are allowed.
Exercises for the shoulder girdle area include the following exercises:
- You need to kneel and lean on straight arms. The slope to the floor passes with the limbs bent at the elbows, then - return to the first position. A total of 25 approaches are used.
- Push-ups are performed from the table or back of the sofa with straight legs and back. 15 repetitions are performed.
- In a standing position, the arms are spread apart, held parallel to the floor. Synchronous circular movements are made with a small radius, up to 30 times in a row. Later, you can do a similar exercise, with an increase in the range of motion of the hands.
- You need to stand up straight, put your hands on your shoulders. Circular movements are made alternately in each direction, 20 times.
Training simultaneously strengthens the pectoral muscles, allowing the bust to become toned and elastic. After getting used to the specified training, they can be complicated with dumbbells. During exercise, it is important to monitor breathing.
Permissible changes in the complex
Do not immediately try to perform exercises for weight loss in full. Excessive load will provoke injury and deterioration of the general condition. An untrained body must be gradually accustomed to the training process, with a gradual increase in the number of approaches.
At first, restriction of motor activity is used:
- instead of running - long walks;
- all swings by the upper and lower limbs are performed slowly, with an acceptable amplitude;
- pauses are made between exercises - for a short rest;
- when working with dumbbells, it is forbidden to work for wear - a phased increase is better reflected in the condition and appearance;
- after training, you can’t immediately move on to everyday affairs, you need rest.
After adapting to light loads, you can try to perform a full set of exercises for weight loss. To get the maximum effect, patients should conduct regular training, review their usual menu and drink enough fluids. If during classes you feel dizzy or dark in the eyes, you need to interrupt them and rest.
All materials presented on the site are for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The site administration, editors and authors of articles are not responsible for any consequences and losses that may arise when using the site materials.
7 home workout exercises to help you stay fit
Regular exercise is the key to relieving stress and promoting physical and mental health. People who balance between personal and professional responsibilities often do not have enough time to pay attention to their physical form. You may not be able to go to the gym regularly or go for a daily run, but you have nothing to worry about. There are exercises that you can do at home without any equipment that can keep you fit.
How to start exercising?
Home workouts require no extra equipment and are convenient because you don't have to commute to the gym. But there are also disadvantages in the fact that often there is no motivation and systematicity for such training. What needs to be done so that training at home brings maximum benefit and pleasure?
Find enough space to exercise
It could be in your bedroom, living room, or even in the hallway. At a minimum, it should have enough space for the mat and so that you can stretch your arms in all directions without hitting anything.
Plan your workouts
Set days and times for sports and draw your attention to them with an alarm clock or a reminder on your smartphone. If you're having trouble getting motivated, team up with a family member or friend. Fitness tracking apps or workout apps and videos can also help you motivate yourself to exercise.
Don't forget to warm up and cool down
Walking, cycling, or running in place are great warm-up options. Light stretching and walking in place are good ways to cool down and restore your heart rate after exercise.
Use your body weight
Bodyweight exercises, when used correctly, can be just as effective for building muscle mass as lifting weights. By varying your workouts and increasing the intensity or duration over time, you'll get the most out of them. Keep in mind:
- Use planks, lunges, squats, stair climbs, and push-ups as an alternative to free weight strength training.
- Increase the effectiveness of your bodyweight training by increasing the number of repetitions per workout and reducing the rest between sets.
- Learn proper exercise technique to prevent injury. Watch instructional videos and read sources about movement biomechanics. It is very important to understand which muscles and how they work in a particular exercise, with an understanding of these processes comes the awareness of the correct movements.
Diet plan for home workouts
Nutrition before training
As physical activity increases, active calorie burning increases. The goals of proper nutrition can be different: someone wants to lose weight, someone wants to gain muscle mass, and someone wants to improve their health.
To lose weight, you need to be in a significant calorie deficit..Research results prove that only in conjunction with "healthy nutrition - training" people really manage to lose weight without losing muscle tone and strength. In addition, the results of this approach remain with a person for a long time.
So what can you eat before a workout to get the fat burning process going and working for you? If you do not have problems with the health of the gastrointestinal tract, then the option of exercising on an empty stomach is available for you. Please note that such training should be low-intensity and not exceed 40 minutes in time. Be sure to drink water before and during this workout.
Most of those who play moderate-intensity sports and regularly do short workouts (no more than 40 minutes) during the day should pay attention to the correct water balance (400-600 ml an hour and a half before and 150 ml for every 20 minutes of physical activity). But for those who work out for 30 to 60 minutes, a light snack made up mostly of carbohydrates can be helpful.
If the activity is planned to be longer or with high energy costs, then you should not worry about the caloric content of the meal, the more important aspect here will be the time of the snack - it should be no later than one hour before physical activity.
Food options to eat before training:
- A protein shake is the perfect combination of carbs, protein and liquid to fuel your strength training.
- Greek yogurt with berries: The mixture is rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as carbohydrates and proteins. This will provide both a quick burst of energy (thanks to carbohydrates) and long-term energy (thanks to protein), and will also protect your muscles from wasting.
- Carb Protein Bar: Make sure it contains macronutrients for optimal energy and muscle protection (many protein bars are low in carbs. Check product labels).
- Nuts. They contain a large amount of fat, but also protein and calories necessary for gaining muscle mass. For those whose goal is to lose weight, this snack option is not suitable. Do not eat more than seven nuts an hour before a workout, otherwise you are guaranteed heaviness and indigestion.
Nutrition after training
Training usually depletes glycogen. The first 30 minutes after a workout provides an opportunity for recovery due to factors such as increased blood flow and insulin sensitivity. This increases cellular uptake of glucose and glycogen recovery. Give your body a big recovery boost right after your workout with these protein and carb-rich snack options:
- Yogurt with granola and blueberries.
- Peanut butter or almonds.
Be sure to drink water as soon as possible after completing your workout. A sports drink that replenishes lost electrolytes is ideal. Such drinks are called "electrolyte". Isotonic drinks are also suitable.
Your next meal a few hours after your workout should also be high in protein and carbs. While daily protein requirements vary from person to person, consuming 15-25g of protein within one hour of a workout maximizes muscle replenishment and recovery.
Post-Workout Diet Options:
- Whole grain pasta with tomato sauce.
- Whole grain bread with steamed vegetables. Fruit.
- Chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with cottage cheese and tomato.
- Baked or grilled lean beef, chicken, turkey, or fish with steamed brown rice, whole grain bread.
Exercises for home workouts
Burpees are great for getting your heart rate up and working almost every muscle in your body.
You work your lower body as you squat down and jump up. Your core and shoulders are engaged when you do push-ups and when you are in a plank position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Tighten the muscles of the body and buttocks.
- Bend your knees and reach forward to place your hands on the floor shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch your legs straight behind you and immediately lower your entire body to the ground, bending your elbows so that your chest touches the floor. Do a push up.
- Use your arms to quickly push your body back up while simultaneously bouncing your legs towards your chest.
Place your feet on the floor under the projection of the chest. Jump up vertically with arms outstretched above your head.
You can modify the burpee by removing push-ups or jumping out. Or make it harder by adding dumbbells.
Glute bridge with elastic band
Performing glute bridges activates the gluteal muscles and strengthens the lower back, protecting the lower back from injury. They target the gluteus medius, an important part of the buttocks, which helps stabilize the body when walking and running.
- Lie on your back, arms at your sides, knees bent, feet flat on the floor shoulder-width apart. Wrap a medium-strength elastic band around your hips just above your knees.
- Brace your glutes and abs and push through your heels to lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Hold this position. Stretch the elastic with effort and return to its original position. Repeat the movement 10-15 times.
An excellent exercise for both an active warm-up before running or any other cardio workout, and for pumping the lower body with your own weight.
- Stand up straight with your feet together. Take a big step to the right with your right foot and bend your right knee as you squat your hips back to lower into a side lunge.
- Keep your left leg straight and chest out. Make sure your right knee stays above your toes and doesn't go beyond their projection.
- Push off with your right foot to return to the starting position, and then repeat on the other side.
The exercise can also be performed with weights.
Push-ups in the "dog face down"
This unusual push-up variation develops strength, mobility in the hips as you squat, and down dog and roll from that position help with spinal mobility. This is a great bodyweight exercise.
- Start in a plank position. Palms on the floor, arms shoulder-width apart (or wider if you usually do push-ups this way). Shoulders over the wrists, legs straight, body tense.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest towards the floor. Keep your body low, bend your knees, slide your hips back towards your heels and straighten your arms. Your knees should hover a few inches off the floor.
- Raise your hips towards the ceiling and straighten your legs. You should now be in Downward Dog.
Slowly move your body forward, returning to the plank position.
This is a rather difficult exercise. If you feel that this type of push-up is hard for you, focus on regular push-ups and return to harder ones as you build upper body strength.
Back Lunge Squat
This is an amazing way to build leg strength as well as strengthen your glutes and stabilizer muscles. When performed correctly, the exercise can also improve hip mobility and engage the inner thigh.
- Stand with your back to a bench or similar elevated surface (at home, this could be a sofa or chair). Place your left foot on the floor at a wide step distance from the support. Place the top of your right foot on the support with your laces down.
- Tighten your core muscles and bend your knees to lower yourself into a lunge. Ideally, the left knee should form a 90-degree angle so that the thigh is parallel to the ground and the right knee floats above the floor.
Your left foot should be out far enough that you can do this without letting your left knee go past your left toes - if the position is wrong, correct it by jumping forward or backward.
With support on the left heel, return to the starting position.
Leg swings on all fours
All kinds of swings strengthen the hamstrings and work out the gluteal muscles. Strong gluteal muscles protect the lower back from damage and help relieve pain during sedentary work.
- Get on all fours, knees under your hips, and palms under your shoulders.
- Bend your right leg and lift it off the floor while straightening it back.
- Use your glutes to lift your leg. If you begin to feel any tension in your lower back, don't lift your leg too high.
- Do 15 reps on one side and then switch to the other side.
This is a low impact exercise that can be done almost anywhere using your own weight or dumbbells. Gives tangible benefits in the form of strong buttocks, legs and lower back.
- Sit on the floor with your back in front of a bench or similar elevated surface (a chair or chair can also be used here). Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor hip-width apart. Place your upper back (shoulder blades) on the edge of the hill.
- Move with your heels to lift your hips towards the ceiling while your upper back remains on the bench. If doing an exercise with weighting, then put it on the pelvic area and hold during the exercise.
- Pause at the top and squeeze your buttocks.
- In a slow and controlled motion, lower your buttocks towards the floor without touching it.
In any training, the main thing is a systematic approach. Tailor each exercise to suit your goals and condition. If you doubt the correctness of the exercise or feel pain, you should consult with sports experts.
Weight Loss Exercises & Expert Advice
We figure out together with experts how to normalize weight through exercise and without harm to health.
Exercises for weight loss
The process of normalizing weight is always a complex work, which is based on proper nutrition and physical activity. Exercises are designed not only to help expend energy, that is, calories, but also to strengthen muscles, tighten the body, and make it more prominent. You don't need to do them all at once. It is enough to choose the ones you like and repeat them as part of one workout or separately. Systematic is more important: it is better to do exercises a little daily, alternating the load on different parts of the body, than the whole complex once every two weeks.
This is a classic exercise that allows you to work out the muscles of the core, strengthen the stabilizer muscles, arms, legs, back and abs. The plank has many options. For beginners, a simplified format of the exercise from the knees is suitable, trained athletes can complicate it by adding dynamic movements. The classic plank is a horizontal position with an emphasis on the elbows, or straight arms and toes. The body is one straight line, the stomach is drawn in, the press is tense, the shoulder blades are lowered and brought together. Do not round your back, keep the natural arch in the spine.
The technique helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles and reduce the volume on the sides. Vacuum should be done on an empty stomach, you can do it in the morning. Choose a comfortable position - sitting or standing. At the exit, you need to draw in the stomach, and then hold your breath for 15 seconds, keeping the muscles tense. Then relax them as you inhale.
Many people who want to lose weight ignore back exercises, because they do not provide abs and toned legs. But posture affects how a person moves and looks. Strong back muscles allow you to withstand more serious physical exertion. In addition, fat deposits also accumulate on the back, so back exercises must be included in training. For the entry level, slopes with and without weight, dumbbell rows and an expander are suitable. If you want to lie down, train in a horizontal position: stretch your arms and legs while doing the Swimmer exercise.
The biceps and triceps areas are one of the most problematic. To keep your arms beautiful and toned, you will have to master push-ups or train with light weights, for example, with dumbbells. It is important not to overdo it if your goal is a small relief and the absence of excess body fat, and not heavyweight biceps. For the fat-burning effect of training, it is better to do one exercise with cardio load and without rest. But remember that no exercise will get rid of excess weight if there is an excess of calories in the diet.
Fat deposits in the abdomen and sides appear in both women and men. Therefore, exercises for the waist are suitable for anyone who is worried about being overweight. Athletes include in their workouts various planks and twists that can be performed from a sitting position. One of the effective exercises for the abdomen is the dead bug ("dead bug"). To perform it, you need to lie on your back, raise your straight arms and legs to the ceiling, hold the position for 10-15 seconds, and then return to the starting position. The "beetle" has several options for performing, including alternately raising opposite arms and legs. For complication, you can take weighting agents.
To lose weight, you need to use an integrated approach and pay attention to strength exercises for individual parts of the body. The best exercises for the legs will be lunges in different directions and squats, where the hips and buttocks are involved. To strengthen the inner surface of the legs, it is worth mastering the plié. Exercises can be dynamic, such as hip thrusts from a prone position, but also focus on static movement, as in yoga.
Cardio workouts serve as the basis for burning intramuscular fat. The task is to spend excess energy, for this, various muscle groups are involved. For beginners who have not played sports before, you can start with walking, increasing the distance and pace of walking. If you're ready to push harder, do high-intensity endurance training with a trainer or at home. Cardio load is provided by swimming, dancing, playing sports, martial arts.