Physical fitness means a lot to a person, especially for women who dream of a thin waist and a flat tummy. Unfortunately, the appearance of the latter is often spoiled by fat deposits and ugly "sides". This "lifeline" will not save us at all when it will be necessary to put on something tight-fitting or open, so the desire to remove fat from the abdomen and sides is quite natural. In addition, by doing this, you will help not only beauty, but also health, since excess deposits pose a danger to him. There are different ways to deal with this problem, and we will try to consider them in more detail.
Why does belly and flank fat appear?
Before you figure out how to remove fat from the abdomen and sides, you need to understand the reasons for its appearance. The main ones are as follows:
- Consequences of childbirth.Many young mothers notice a deterioration in the physical shape of the abdomen and waist after the birth of a baby. During pregnancy, the body can store fat on the sides to protect the fetus and prepare for upcoming lactation. If a woman feeds the child herself, then over time, these reserves are spent on their own.
- Wrong mode. . . A sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity is a direct path to the accumulation of fat on the belly and sides.
- Improper nutrition. . . Overeating and abuse of junk food - all this inevitably gets postponed on the sides. It is important to reconsider your eating habits, without this you will not be able to lose weight.
- Harmful components. . . If you constantly consume alcohol, smoke, or uncontrollably take certain medications, you can disrupt both metabolism and blood circulation. In view of this, the body will not be able to properly remove excess fats, and they will be deposited in the stomach and sides.
- Stressful situations. . . Under stress and constant nervous tension, the body produces the substance cortisol, which leads to the accumulation of extra pounds on the stomach, waist and sides.
The best ways to get rid of the belly and sides
There are many ways to remove belly and side fat. First of all, it is nutrition and physical activity. But before moving on to them, let's say a few words about another, more serious method, which can only be prescribed by a specialist. This is hormone therapy. In the human body, the adrenal glands produce the hormone DHEA, and they work stably up to about 30 years. Then the amount of the produced substance is reduced. This hormone helps the body fight stress, thereby reducing the likelihood of body fat. To achieve normal concentration, the doctor may prescribe medications or nutritional supplements that stimulate the adrenal glands. But the decision on the appropriateness of such therapy should be made only by a doctor - do not engage in amateur activities.
Proper nutrition to remove the belly and sides
A balanced diet is an incredibly important point in the fight against excess body fat. Its principles should be as follows:
- Fats cannot be completely excluded from the diet - this is the mistake of many losing weight, which negatively affects the metabolism, and the appearance, and the figure. The best sources for them areoily fish, vegetable oils, nuts, avocado. . .
- Eat consistently and often, in small portions.It is recommended to eat food 5-6 times a day. This will help narrow your stomach so you eat less, speed up your metabolism and prevent excruciating hunger.
- In order not to get confused when planning a diet,it is better to calculate the required number of calories for yourself. . . It will depend on how much you weigh and how much you want to lose, as well as on a number of individual characteristics of the body and lifestyle. On average, those who are losing weight are advised to consume 1500-1800 kcal. Moreover, most of them should fall on the first half of the day.
- Yourportions should be balanced: contain the required amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Try tolimit sweets as much as possible, baked goods (except bran bread), fast food, mayonnaise and other sauces. . .
Among other things, there are a number of products that contribute to the processes of fat burning in the abdomen. It is recommended to include them in the diet. Among them are the following:
- Citrus: orange, lemon, lime, and especially grapefruit. They help accelerate the breakdown of fats, saturate the body with vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Low-fat dairy products. . . Helps fight body fat while providing the body with the required amount of calcium.
- Hot spices.And especially chili and cayenne pepper, which contain a lot of the substance capsaicin, which burns fat, even 20 minutes after eating.
- Apples. . . They are rich in pectin, which acts as a barrier to fat when absorbed by cells. Unsweetened greens are especially beneficial.
- Cucumbers. . . Contributes to the normalization of water-salt balance, helps to maintain metabolism. In addition, they are extremely low in calories, so they can be used as a snack.
- Lentils and asparagus.Low-fat protein sources. They help to feel full, remove undigested food debris from the intestines and help restore metabolism.
- Oatmeal. . . It is useful in itself, especially as a breakfast, and in particular because it saturates the body with the fiber it needs.
- Nuts. . . They contain valuable fatty acids and proteins that help fight fat. But they are very high in calories, so eat them in small amounts. 20-30 grams will be sufficient.
Natural green tea helps speed up the fat burning process. Drink it without sugar, maybe with lemon. Also, drink plenty of water.
These foods can be used as snacks.
Exercises against the abdomen and sides
You can also remove fat from the sides and abdomen with exercises that are recommended to be combined with diet. First of all, in order to burn fat, we need a cardio load. This is running, swimming, walking, cycling. Be sure to devote several days a week to these types of activities.
For those who are prone to the accumulation of fatty deposits in the abdomen and sides, a hula-hoop, especially a weighted one, will be a very useful projectile. It perfectly breaks down fat deposits, forming a beautiful waist. Twist it for at least 15 minutes a day.
There are also a large number of exercises that help strengthen and tone the rectus and oblique muscles of the abdomen, thereby fighting excess fat and sides. Let's consider some of them:
The plank is an exercise that gives a static load and perfectly works out the press, hips, and back.
This exercise has many variations. The classic option assumes that you need to take a prone position, as with push-ups, so that your palms are under your shoulders and are at their width. The body should be in a straight line. In this position, you need to try to stay at least 30 seconds, gradually increasing this time. Having mastered the classic plank, you can include in the program its different options: lateral, for example, or an exercise that involves raising your legs and holding them in the air.
2. Raising the legs
Sitting on the floor, lift your leg off the floor and try to keep it in the air as much as you can. This exercise works well in the lower abdomen.
This variation of crunches works on the oblique muscles of the abdomen, thereby fighting with the sides. You need to lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees, put your hands behind your head. Alternately pull the body to the knees, rotating the waist.
4. Bending and straightening the legs
For this exercise, you need to take emphasis on your knees and outstretched arms. Knees should be hip-width apart, and arms should be hip-width apart and underneath. Alternately pull your legs to your chest, bending them at the knee. Pulling your leg up, pull it back and up, while trying not to arch your back.
An exercise familiar from school that perfectly works out the abdominal muscles. You need to lie on the floor, press your back to the floor, raise your legs straight up. Then, as you exhale, lift your pelvis straight up and draw in your stomach.
6. Straight stretch
Also, the abdominal muscles need stretching, which is recommended after a set of strength exercises. In a supine position, raise your arms above your head and stretch.
7. Back arch
Do the "Bridge" exercise. If you can't rest on your outstretched arms, use your shoulders as support.
8. Stretching to the side
You need to lie on your back, press your shoulders to the floor. Bend one leg at the knee and place it on the other. Twist the body as much as possible at the waist without lifting your shoulders.
Physical activity and proper nutrition are the basis for the fight against excess body fat. But it is also possible to supplement this program with cosmetic procedures such asbody wrap or massages, which help to remove fat from the abdomen and sides in women and at home too.
For wraps, you can use homemade mixtures based on clay, algae, honey, vinegar, coffee, and so on. After applying the selected mixture, wrap the problem area with cling film and hold for the required amount of time. Then wash off with warm water.
Massages that you can do yourself can also be helpful. Generalrules for belly massagethe following:
- The procedure should be carried out at least two hours after a meal. The same amount must pass after it.
- Perform movements strictly clockwise.
- Severe discomfort and pain are not tolerated.
For slimming the abdomen and sides, you can use the followingtypes of massage:
- Water massage. It involves the use of a shower jet, which is directed to the stomach and moves clockwise with a change in pressure and temperature.
- Pinch massage. The point is kneading fat and relaxing the abdominal muscles. This massage helps to tighten and smooth the skin, make it more elastic, and accelerates the fat burning process.
- Vacuum massage. For it, special silicone jars are used, which can be bought at the pharmacy. A very effective massage option, however, you need to study its correct technique and familiarize yourself with the list of contraindications.
- Manual massage. You can do it simply with your hands, a massage mitt or a rolled towel. Involves a gradual rubbing motion.
- Honey massage. Using natural honey and patting movements, you can both accelerate fat burning and improve the condition of the skin in the problem area.
It is recommended to combine all these methods, and then you will be able to achieve the desired results, getting rid of the abdomen and sides. You may have to limit yourself in many ways, but the result will be worth it.